here we are, babies. these are a few of my favs. . . ranked actually

1) jasmine

2) green tea

3) white tea

4) earl grey

5) chamomile

years ago when i was younger and in middle school, a business associate of my mother's went to south korea for a wedding. when he returned, he brought me back a bunch of li'l edible goodies including a big box of white tea that had little bits of candy in it.....   i was never able to find the tea again. i searched and searched. it was so delicious and i think about it all the time

1~ mint

2~green

I like a variety of herbal teas.  Right now I've been craving nettles which taste creamy and knock me the heck out at night.  Roasted dandelion is good if you want replicant coffee flavor.

1 hour ago, soaplitz said:

here we are, babies. these are a few of my favs. . . ranked actually

1) jasmine

2) green tea

3) white tea

4) earl grey

5) chamomile

years ago when i was younger and in middle school, a business associate of my mother's went to south korea for a wedding. when he returned, he brought me back a bunch of li'l edible goodies including a big box of white tea that had little bits of candy in it.....   i was never able to find the tea again. i searched and searched. it was so delicious and i think about it all the time

Jasmine is also my favorite tea. I find it to be the most comforting of all the teas (because my dad used to brew a teapot full of it every morning when I was growing up, so here I was this 5-year-old gettin' ready for kindy, sippin' on jasmine tea while eating cereal). 

Just now, Tracey said:

here I was this 5-year-old gettin' ready for kindy, sippin' on jasmine tea

i've been a regular coffee drinker since i was [about] 9 years old, but i have always had tea in the morning... ever since i can remember!! ~~~~ 

1 minute ago, Tracey said:

Jasmine is also my favorite tea. I find it to be the most comforting of all the teas (because my dad used to brew a teapot full of it every morning when I was growing up, so here I was this 5-year-old gettin' ready for kindy, sippin' on jasmine tea while eating cereal). 

tracey your parenthetical anecdote is longer than the sentence it's attached to!!! that's adorable to me

23 minutes ago, alaynoboost said:

1~ mint

2~green

I like a variety of herbal teas.  Right now I've been craving nettles which taste creamy and knock me the heck out at night.  Roasted dandelion is good if you want replicant coffee flavor.

Rachael_2.jpg.7944be91fcebf3de01ec37cbd0202b7f.jpg

looks like rachael is about to enjoy a big delicious cup!!!!!

oh yeah! and @Tracey -- when i was a kid my mom and i would have a little ritual of earl grey with soy milk. we lived in north carolina/virginia at the time so it was hard(er)(!!) to find soy milk that wasn't horribly sweet or Silk!! 

maybe thats why i like earl grey so much now:flowerbuddy:

i drink roughly a gallon of green tea every day of my life and have since i was 14. that's my secret. please don't tell anyone.

i also really like earl grey and jasmine . . . . . but i don't go for herbal stuff so much. to me it usually just kinda tastes like water.

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG: next to green tea, water is my Favorite Beverage. i drink so much water. it's just that herbal tea is dissatisfying to me in some way?? it isn't potent enough. i'll drink some if i have a box in my house, but i would never order herbal tea from a coffee place or whatever. it's usually kinda expensive and i'd rather just get an americano dude~~ :football:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, starsailor said:

i drink roughly a gallon of green tea every day of my life and have since i was 14. that's my secret. please don't tell anyone.

i also really like earl grey and jasmine . . . . . but i don't go for herbal stuff so much. to me it usually just kinda tastes like water.

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG: next to green tea, water is my Favorite Beverage. i drink so much water. it's just that herbal tea is dissatisfying to me in some way?? it isn't potent enough. i'll drink some if i have a box in my house, but i would never order herbal tea from a coffee place or whatever. it's usually kinda expensive and i'd rather just get an americano dude~~ :football:

a few separate times you sighed and made a face at me when i asked if you had any herbal :hmph: but it's ok because i settled on that trader joes green tea which i really like. nice n' light, if you want to make it light :moon:

i like herbal because it's like water, but better! a li'l tang. a li'l sweet (kinda). a whole lot of NICE :kirbysnacks:

also i really am curious if you prefer an americano to regular drip coffee

Edited by soaplitz
grammar, baby

5 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

a few separate times you sighed and made a face at me when i asked if you had any herbal :hmph: but it's ok because i settled on that trader joes green tea which i really like. nice n' light, if you want to make it light :moon:

i like herbal because it's like water, but better! a li'l tang. a li'l sweet (kinda). a whole lot of NICE :kirbysnacks:

also i really am curious if you prefer an americano to regular drip coffee

i like americanos because it's the same amount of money no matter the size . . . cuz it's all water, baby. so if you're at the airport and you want a big-ass load of caffeine, a big-ass double shot americano is the way to go.

but this is a tea thread, and so about herbal tea: that's kinda how i see green tea, which is to say: WATER BUT BETTER. herbal tea is cool man don't get me wrong. i can get down with drinking flowers and shit all the livelong day. but if there's green tea i'm going green tea every time~

3 minutes ago, starsailor said:

i can get down with drinking flowers and shit all the livelong day. but if there's green tea i'm going green tea every time~

i rarely ever order herbal tea. i rarely ever even order tea if i'm out period. 

i usually go green too! if im at a free coffee/tea stand and the green tea option is like, lipton or something i probably won't take it because it has a strange bitterness to it i can't put my finger on. and it kind of tastes like rotten cardboard. don't get me wrong, give me all the bitter but this particular kind of common green tea i don't care for!!

who else wants to hear me complain more lol

"Don't get me wrong" appears four times in this nascent thread. Five times as of this post.

I think dessert teas (the kinds that supposedly taste like fruit and chocolate) are bullshit. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Tracey said:

I think dessert teas (the kinds that supposedly taste like fruit and chocolate) are bullshit. 

i like a fruity hibiscus tea but given i don't take sugar in tea or coffee or care for sweet beverages at all: get that dessert-y stuff outta my way! 

with that being said: if i'm gonna order a boba tea it's gonna be unsweetened jasmine! 

Edited by soaplitz

I like green tea! I used to drink more black teas, but they tend to make my tongue feel a little distorted. I most commonly drink ginger tea, or echinacea, because I want to believe something will help!

Lipton could find a way to ruin even the purest leaf of any color

1 minute ago, splendorr said:

I like green tea! I used to drink more black teas, but they tend to make my tongue feel a little distorted. I most commonly drink ginger tea, or echinacea, because I want to believe something will help!

Lipton could find a way to ruin even the purest leaf of any color

ginger tea with turmeric is very good and i drink it all the time :frogmario:

1 minute ago, soaplitz said:

i like a fruity hibiscus tea but given i don't take sugar in tea or coffee or care for sweet beverages at all: get that dessert-y stuff outta my way! 

with that being said: if i'm gonna order a boboa tea it's gonna be unsweetened jasmine! 

Now BOBA is a whole other thing! I used to hate boba because I didn't like the feeling of that big bloopy orb in my mouth; but now I love it! I'll drink a big sweet boba ANY time

and I love the big sweet-ish orange thai tea at a place called thai spoon near my house. man, i love some thai food

2 minutes ago, starsailor said:

ginger tea with turmeric is very good and i drink it all the time :frogmario:

YES dude. say hello to my two weird television beverage friends: turm & eric  :frogmario:

i didn't even realize i was doing your same frog back because it happened so fast, i was just feeling the vibe

Boba is it's own thing. Boba is a sweet treat. 

(Sweet treat / feminine step / sounds like a lady when it walks into the room) :mario:

4 minutes ago, Tracey said:

(Sweet treat / feminine step / sounds like a lady when it walks into the room) :mario:

well, heck, i had never seen this one before now!! yyyyyyyyyyeeeeepppppppp

5acfbcd481b5d_ScreenShot2018-04-12at4_06_18PM.thumb.png.101b5d7ee7099ebb109823f38319654c.png

15 minutes ago, splendorr said:

echinacea has helped me avoid many a common cold!! or at least has drastically alleviated my symptoms of an oncoming cold... same difference??

Just now, soaplitz said:

echinacea has helped me avoid many a common cold!! or at least has drastically alleviated my symptoms of an oncoming cold... same difference??

yeah dude! i be"lieve" in echinacea

a trader joe's box of green tea has 48 bags. i go through a whole box in two weeks. the box costs $2.50. i have been buying it for 10 years.

some math!

96 bags of green tea per month × 12 months × 10 years = 11,520 bags of green tea CONSUMED

$5 per box per month × 12 months × 10 years = $600

whoa!

2 minutes ago, starsailor said:

11,520 bags of green tea CONSUMED

this kind of thing makes my eyes get wide, and then my iris + pupil shrink down until they pop out of existence

i usually drink darjeeling just because it’s the only tea i know the name of that i like.

there’s this great lil looseleaf tea shop near me called One Good Woman that i’m going to return to and get a big variety of teas to try.

i will get some Jasmine, Earl Grey, and Green next time i go. they have pretty much everything. does anybody have any other suggestions to name?