Jump to content
Hali

Reasons for being alive

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, soaplitz said:

@starsailor yeah maybe the intern you hire will excavate your reasons for staying alive ~ *strut*

i thought you were the intern

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

i thought you were the intern

lmao kerwin

Share this post


Link to post

woke up today feeling like i barely exist. it’s stupid because i’ve had several really lovely days, with wonderful people. but i get depleted, and tired, and need to rejuvenate. so i’m taking a long lunch with a book. i’m writing in a journal that i want to embrace my ideas and desires with something like love, or at least energy. i’m exhausted thinking about everything i have to do over the next few days, even though it’s mostly, potentially, “fun.” but i don’t want to feel like that!

i’m so grateful for all of y’all. @starsailor, you beautiful bulwark of hellbound boundlessness, i want you to know that the best part of this thousands-of-miles, “how am i gonna pay for this” trip i’m on has been sitting and shooting the breeze with y’all. i hate that it doesn’t always feel that great, but as alanis morissey once opined, “you oughta know.”

i just read this here french-ass paragraph and kinda liked it re: why the fuck bother

A24E5BF9-B99D-4DC8-B97E-31A011479E76.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

@starsailor y’know i’ve always enjoyed your writing punk-o..... .. . . .   . stay alive to see me read and finish ~your~ novellas you sent me (almost two years ago at this point!! :flowerbuddy:)

Share this post


Link to post

@splendorr i passed by GDC in a lyft a few minutes ago & thought of you. take care of yourself first and foremost! but also, hope you're able to have a lot of fun in this bleak grody lil armpit of our fine state ~~

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, splendorr said:

woke up today feeling like i barely exist. it’s stupid because i’ve had several really lovely days, with wonderful people. but i get depleted, and tired, and need to rejuvenate. so i’m taking a long lunch with a book. i’m writing in a journal that i want to embrace my ideas and desires with something like love, or at least energy. i’m exhausted thinking about everything i have to do over the next few days, even though it’s mostly, potentially, “fun.” but i don’t want to feel like that!

i’m so grateful for all of y’all. @starsailor, you beautiful bulwark of hellbound boundlessness, i want you to know that the best part of this thousands-of-miles, “how am i gonna pay for this” trip i’m on has been sitting and shooting the breeze with y’all. i hate that it doesn’t always feel that great, but as alanis morissey once opined, “you oughta know.”

i just read this here french-ass paragraph and kinda liked it re: why the fuck bother

A24E5BF9-B99D-4DC8-B97E-31A011479E76.jpeg

I think it is quite normal to feel depleted, especially after you have been around lots of people. I often go through this kind of cycle, and it is made worse by my job, because whenever I interview someone, I need to be really switched on, even if I have already spent all day talking to people. (It's like that line from the Street Fighter movie: "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday." For some people, being interviewed by a journalist feels like a really big deal, and I think I owe it to them to be completely engaged the whole time I am talking to them, even if I am exhausted and over it.)

And so! Sometimes I wake up and feel like I am under a cloud. I don't even want to get out of bed. I don't think I am depressed. It's just an emptiness that decides to own me for a day or two, and I can't find enjoyment in anything (not even spaghetti), and I need to be alone. Afterwards I am pretty OK! But it is a cycle that I dislike. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys

Don't have much to say right now but this means a lot. I think I need to cut myself a fucking break, more than anything

Share this post


Link to post

jazzforyoursoul.jpeg.fea1169be6e118ee09efadaafa7a4c87.jpeg

i just laughed so hard at this picture. i keep laughing when i see it. and to think: i had never seen it before today. there are still things out there that can make me laugh like this. that's a good ingredient in the dish of Why

and i agree! giving yourself a break is good. i hope that is helping!

Share this post


Link to post

man, the greatest things are always The Unknown!!! because your brain hasn't poisoned it for you YET ~

Share this post


Link to post

sometimes -rarely, but sometimes- i meet a new person and i don't think much of them at first because that's just the kind of idiot i am but then somehow i realize i really like them and there's a moment of real awe

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, tombo said:

a moment of real awe

that li’l feeling is so rare and it’s way cool when it comes to town for a bit!!!

Share this post


Link to post

uh, hey guys. i'm having a really hard time lately and probably need to make some major changes in my life. i don't even really know what that means!!

well i'm making a damn change, and its a temporary last resort anyway:

i'm moving to los angeles [for many months, semi-indefinetly] [starting mid june] 

i'm probably going to enroll at a community college

that's all i got, y'all. i'm seeking fictitious excitement and adventure. off she goes!!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, soaplitz said:

uh, hey guys. i'm having a really hard time lately and probably need to make some major changes in my life. i don't even really know what that means!!

well i'm making a damn change, and its a temporary last resort anyway:

i'm moving to los angeles [for many months, semi-indefinetly] [starting mid june] 

i'm probably going to enroll at a community college

that's all i got, y'all. i'm seeking fictitious excitement and adventure. off she goes!!!!!!

 

 

What do you plan to study at community college?

Maybe I will see you when I am in LA! Skip is relocating there later in the month for a few months to be in a writers' room, so I will probably visit him a bunch (at least twice, I think!).

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, soaplitz said:

uh, hey guys. i'm having a really hard time lately and probably need to make some major changes in my life. i don't even really know what that means!!

well i'm making a damn change, and its a temporary last resort anyway:

i'm moving to los angeles [for many months, semi-indefinetly] [starting mid june] 

i'm probably going to enroll at a community college

that's all i got, y'all. i'm seeking fictitious excitement and adventure. off she goes!!!!!!

 

 

I hope you find what you're looking for there or that going there pulls out of you whatever it is you need.  Sorry that it's rough now.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Tracey said:

What do you plan to study at community college?

Maybe I will see you when I am in LA! Skip is relocating there later in the month for a few months to be in a writers' room, so I will probably visit him a bunch (at least twice, I think!).

cinema/filming photography or political science or literature studies. i told ya babies. i’m all over the dang place. 

come see me tracey~! maybe he’ll be kinda close to me. maybe not. either way let’s go do something cool! but i’ll also see you in june in oakland ~~~~

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

but i’ll also see you in june in oakland ~~~~

*fart*

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Tracey said:

*fart*

*titty sweat* :hmph:

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, alaynoboost said:

I hope you find what you're looking for there or that going there pulls out of you whatever it is you need.  Sorry that it's rough now.

i don’t know what the hell i’m doin’ but i know it’s dang different than what i’m doing right now!!

hope to meet ya alayna when i’m in that city that’s named after a certain tree, a little south of berkeley, california ~

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, soaplitz said:

 

hope to meet ya alayna when i’m in that city that’s named after a certain tree, a little south of berkeley, california ~

Sure hope so☆

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×