splendorr

T.U.I.F.

It is technically Friday in the rest of the U.S., so imma post! 

Skip is here visiting me this weekend! He just arrived 10 minutes ago, and I am writing while he is in the bathroom. We haven't seen each other in three gosh darn months. I am so thrilled! Plus plus plus I took tomorrow off work, and we have made plans to go to a diner for breakfast, AND it (Friday) marks four years that we've been together. Thank Unions! Thank the Universe! :kirbystar:

i feel like in the spirit of this thread the frostecutions should also only occur on fridays...

i took a sick day yesterday. i got home from work at about 5pm on wednesday, showered, and went straight to bed with a fever. i slept until 9pm, when my sister texted me and offered to bring me some grocery items. :present::lala: she got me cookies n cream ice cream, mucinex, throat lozenges, and lemon poppy seed muffins (my favorite kind.) i proceeded to sleep until 6:30am, when i normally wake up for work. i thought about going in and toughing it out, but i knew the disservice to my health would just prolong my recovery, so i texted my manager and stayed in bed until 4pm, and then just laid on the couch watching movies the rest of the evening. resting for almost 24 hours straight brought me to near full recovery, and i'm back at work today feeling fair, aside from a slight sore throat.

what i learned: rest is good for you!!

happy TUIF everbody!

THANK UNIVERSE IT'S FRIDAY @Tracey!! that sounds really great! congratulations on this momentous occasion.

i'm glad you got that rest, @rinv! i did myself a little sleep-in today; allergies and temperature shifts have got me feeling kinda wonky, and in a sleepy state of defiance, i think i turned off my alarm and went back to dreamland. i got to work a couple of hours late and i'm getting some side-eye, but i believe we all work too much anyway and need to prioritize health over consistency! so good for you.

what else is everybody up to today? is it winter 3: the threequel where y'all are? we've got the wild combination of near-freezing nights + active pollen distribution right now that, as mentioned above, has just massacred my sinuses the last few days. but i'm not letting it keep me down! i'm gonna go see a play tonight, and hang out with some other friends this weekend, and maybe finally play the beginning of bloodborne sometime!

regarding frostecutions:

i, and the other members of the Fribunal, absolutely considered that, @rinv. It is our firm policy to never post within this thread when it isn't strictly a Friday. however, punitive actions were required to prevent an outbreak of non-Friday posts. holding firm to a frideology in a way that prevents dealing with bad actors risks losing the civilization that permits a frideology in the first place. we are not afraid to get our hands dirty to protect our values. therefore, warnings may be deployed in immediate response to friolations, at the scene of the frime.

however at such time as a frostecution must be carried out, the subject will be detained until the following friday, and the terrible work will be conducted within the bounds of our sacred day.

sounds like some fribunal overreach to me

i'm going to go home and call apple tech support to try to figure out why my wifi card immediately stopped working after i updated my mac

and then i'm going to get drunk and play zelda and fall asleep on the floor!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, rinv said:

sounds like some fribunal overreach to me

oh, no argument there

2 minutes ago, starsailor said:

i'm going to go home and call apple tech support to try to figure out why my wifi card immediately stopped working after i updated my mac

and then i'm going to get drunk and play zelda and fall asleep on the floor!!!!!!!!!

it rules when things top working because apple can't get even one software update correct!! good luck out there, starsoldier. the reward conditions: are good

on this fine friday i will arrive at my place of employment at 2pm, wherein i will work until 4am. yeah, AM.

i will work on some garbage i’ve been writing, maybe i’ll start a new thing. i’m up to 4k words on a witless essay i’ve been working on—about what’s been goin’ on the past few months. i’ll read my book and finish the mandatory online seminar regarding sexual harassment lol

i will drive an hour home and sleep for five hours and then get up to go to the airport so i can get the hell back to new york city. 

14 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

on this fine friday i will arrive at my place of employment at 2pm, wherein i will work until 4am. yeah, AM.

i will work on some garbage i’ve been writing, maybe i’ll start a new thing. i’m up to 4k words on a witless essay i’ve been working on—about what’s been goin’ on the past few months. i’ll read my book and finish the mandatory online seminar regarding sexual harassment lol

i will drive an hour home and sleep for five hours and then get up to go to the airport so i can get the hell back to new york city. 

Escape-from-New-York-1981-FONT.thumb.jpg.3d690fdf08eb52c4b709c88863647a1a.jpg

Hi everyone.  Probably due to this full day of rain, there were no parking spots near my second job.  I walked fifteen minutes to work with my mind somewhere else (probably just thinking cold cold cold.)  After I'd gotten almost all of the way through my shortcut through the UC's campus, I realized that little drops were collecting on the edge of my rain cape's hood and dripping from it.  For some reason this gave me a little surge of happiness.  It was like realizing that, the whole time, I was in my own (cold) little house, hanging out and watching rain drip down the window.  It's nonsense, but good moments sometimes are.  TUIF 

On this Friday, Skip and I went to Bette's Oceanview diner and got ourselves a SOUFFLÉ PANCAKE. Bette's in kind of expensive for a diner, but it was an occasion, to why the heck not! It tastes like a cross between a pancake and a bread pudding. I would say it has the texture of a soufflé (as its name suggests), but I have never had a regular soufflé so I cannot confidently say that it is like that. 

IMG_3824.thumb.JPG.fe871570f3e9828daa3b86c84a958931.JPG 

I showed Skip Donut Secret House and he said, "I love it," and also that y'all are very funny. I enjoy this place so much! :moogle:

4 hours ago, alaynoboost said:

Hi everyone.  Probably due to this full day of rain, there were no parking spots near my second job.  I walked fifteen minutes to work with my mind somewhere else (probably just thinking cold cold cold.)  After I'd gotten almost all of the way through my shortcut through the UC's campus, I realized that little drops were collecting on the edge of my rain cape's hood and dripping from it.  For some reason this gave me a little surge of happiness.  It was like realizing that, the whole time, I was in my own (cold) little house, hanging out and watching rain drip down the window.  It's nonsense, but good moments sometimes are.  TUIF 

for some reason you owning a “rain cape” is endearing and Very Alayna

I am so stoked that it is Friday! I have had to write a Facebook-related story every day of this week -- it is very draining for the soul. I was also sick! I thought it was allergies but then it was not. 

I am so glad that tomorrow I will be (mostly) left alone. 

HAPPY HOSH GARN FRIDAY EVERYBODY

Today is wild as heck! I'm dropping several hundred bucks to get my car repaired, after the coolant got so gunky that it jammed up a thermostat and started overheating all the time! I hate taking care of my car, but I'm grateful to have it and to be able to scrape together enough money to keep it running!

I'm......... about to make a big change in my life, and I'll tell y'all more about it in a little bit, once I light the fuse.

What's everybody thankful for or enduring on this, a Friday??

21 minutes ago, Tracey said:

I am so stoked that it is Friday! I have had to write a Facebook-related story every day of this week -- it is very draining for the soul. I was also sick! I thought it was allergies but then it was not. 

I am so glad that tomorrow I will be (mostly) left alone. 

I'm sorry you got sick and had to write about another sickness, Tracey! I'm glad you have some rest and recovery time to look forward to. Treat yourself!

tonight zak @CoffinJerk mccune and i are suiting up and filming a short i wrote called NIGHT TRUCK

it's about a guy in a carthartt jacket who drives around in his truck at night talkin bout this-n-that, never thinkin bout no where or why

it is loosely based on a poem i wrote called ALL FOUR WHEELS (http://starsailor.co/all-four-wheels/)

we're truckin over to colonial donuts by lake merritt to do the DONUT SCENES and then we'll just poke around west oakland with me saying absolute nonsense

mmmhHMMMMM :keyz:

Man when I started college the very first person I met asked where I was from and I said oakland and he said “oh so do you know colonial donuts?” And I says yeah what the fuck I live a few blocks from there (well, my dad did and still does anyway). The guy wasn’t even from Oakland, I still don’t really get how that was his thing to ask me about Oakland. But yeah. Colonial donuts. 

2 minutes ago, _S_ said:

Man when I started college the very first person I met asked where I was from and I said oakland and he said “oh so do you know colonial donuts?” And I says yeah what the fuck I live a few blocks from there (well, my dad did and still does anyway). The guy wasn’t even from Oakland, I still don’t really get how that was his thing to ask me about Oakland. But yeah. Colonial donuts. 

colonial donuts is kinda like an old school place. it feels like something you'd see in illinois. plus it's open 24 god dang hours, which as you know is an east bay rarity

the guy who runs the place is seemingly there for all 24 hours of those 24 hours. for real lol

Posted (edited)

i am currently sitting in grand central station eating this colossal slice of pizza on my way to connecticut, where i will meet my friends and we will drive to utica, new york. i’ll be running a 5K race tomorrow in 40° rain at 10 am

98B48388-F365-4AC1-9E49-B055F935E967.jpeg

Edited by soaplitz

51 minutes ago, starsailor said:

tonight zak @CoffinJerk mccune and i are suiting up and filming a short i wrote called NIGHT TRUCK

it's about a guy in a carthartt jacket who drives around in his truck at night talkin bout this-n-that, never thinkin bout no where or why

it is loosely based on a poem i wrote called ALL FOUR WHEELS (http://starsailor.co/all-four-wheels/)

we're truckin over to colonial donuts by lake merritt to do the DONUT SCENES and then we'll just poke around west oakland with me saying absolute nonsense

mmmhHMMMMM :keyz:

very excited to hear this. that is a good poem that i enjoyed reading, and i'm glad y'all are getting out there into that good night and not going silently, hell no, but going as loud as a street-illegal hacksawed muffler can stand

30 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

i am currently sitting in grand central station eating this collassal slice of pizza on my way to connecticut, where i will meet my friends and we will drive to utica, new york. i’ll be running a 5K race tomorrow in 40° rain at 10 am

good luck doing too many K's, pal!!! sounds like a personal nightmare, and i even like running!

happy friday!

i just drove home from a busy work day and it's 70+ degrees outside so i am going to sprint along the susquehanna river :kirbyhappy:

I'm still at work but it has been slow enough for me to draw some faces, eat a cucumber, and risograph print some posters for a restaurant that I like.  

5ad1781a7f8df_20180413_203608(1).thumb.jpg.e77e557323ddf021d50535ab35763a76.jpg