splendorr

the great outdornut secret fight of 2018

1 minute ago, starsailor said:

please see my announcement which i am shocked worked!!!

we're gettin food buddy

oh nice sorry i missed that. lentils will stay home.

ugh!!! well ok i won’t be there tonight but i’ll [hopefully] meet most of you wonderful b-words when im in oakland in 8 days 

:flowerbuddy::hmph:

Posted (edited)

Im leaving town for the night when I get off at 4 but again....there in spirit :kirbysnacks:

(Whether you like it or not :hmphboo:)

Edited by alaynoboost

turns out i can’t make it tonight BUT y’all have a lovely time ya hear 

my ghost will be there along with layno’s ghost

6 hours ago, starsailor said:

please see my announcement which i am shocked worked!!!

we're gettin food buddy

it's a good announcement!

i also like your new portrait, ryan~~~~

1 hour ago, tesseract brain jxn said:

6:30!!!!!!!!!!! ok please don't hate me if i'm late

no hate! any time is the right time.

14 minutes ago, flippityk said:

turns out i can’t make it tonight BUT y’all have a lovely time ya hear

okay what the HECK!!! j/k sorry you won't be there! but have a nice evening, somehow, anyway

1 minute ago, Tracey said:

@splendorr did you get into Brandon's house alright? I am sorry about your keys. 

good news! yes, AND ryan found them! so all is well.

this was SO fun!!! thanks, y’all! and to everyone who couldn’t be there: you were missed.

8 hours ago, starsailor said:

i found them!

Oh! Where were they?

32 minutes ago, Tracey said:

Oh! Where were they?

underneath the chair where sex goldberg sits on the view 

2 minutes ago, splendorr said:

underneath the chair where sex goldberg sits on the view 

You were too vigorously playing the part! The keys flew right out into space! It was emergent gameplay! 

5 minutes ago, flippityk said:

aww, f*ck you too <3

importantly, tho, how were the dumplings

they were delicious. thank you nick splendorr for ordering them

also i kind of thought kerwin and i had the same hair color but his looks much lighter here and mine looks jet black

i guess our house is so dark and cave-like that it's difficult to tell lol

announcement.png

@Tracey it was weird but mostly good! 8 days is a long time to be somewhere with a medium amount of responsibilities and plans, it turns out; i went through some real energy ups and downs. but mostly: it ruled! and now i'm back home, which is: fine!

i saw a lot of my video game friends, met some new people, told some people i liked their work and then i scurried off into the crowd. one night i went to a karaoke bar for like 4 hours with some game audio friends, and it was so fun. i love singing, and this was a super-fun group of people to sing with.

i also enjoyed hanging around oakland by myself some of the time. i went to johnny's for donuts, and donut farm for donuts, and i bought a book about surrealism from pegasus books! i read that off and on when i needed some alone time, and curse my stupid poetry-loving brain, i enjoyed it!

i also had one terrible morning where, after waking up in some friends' hotel room after a late night, i had to cross the tenderloin on foot! i really, truly, achingly hated seeing so many people suffering on the streets, while in the not-so-distance i could see shiny new million-dollar condos being erected like big fuck-you fingers to the human condition. that was a twenty-minute period of pure internal conflict and anguish that i was not prepared for, even though i had already been seeing so much human suffering around the city for days.

as i reached the bart station stairway, teens and parents carrying anti-gun signs began issuing forth from the ground. oh, i realized. it's the march day. and i saw so many of them that, combined with the city i'd just observed, i felt strongly that we walk within a fulcrum point of history; and i know that in ten years things are going to be pretty different, one way or another, and i sure hope the kids and other people who still have sense get to dictate our path...

so i spent a lot of time reflecting on the purpose of making games, and of just making a living, in the midst of all that. generally, i had "fun." actually, i would say generally i had "hmmm," and that periodically i had "fun." that's pretty good, i guess.

i also worked on a game prototype periodically, and managed to avoid telling literally anybody about it, because it seemed extremely annoying to talk to people at a game conference about developing a game. but it's just something i'm poking at that i might never want to share with anybody. but that was another thing i hid away and did some of the time.

i was bummed not to spend more time with y'all; i really was mostly swept up in other groups of people during the rest of my evenings there. but our dinner was definitely one of my Top Three moments. i'm very grateful for you all, and hope i get to hang out with more of you another time!