Jump to content
Hali

Movies

Recommended Posts

@starsailor i'm clapping as slowly as i possibly can.

the rhythm of my fingers slapping against my palms begins to sound like words.

one..... two. one..... two. one....two.

you strain to hear. slowly you discern.

war........ crime. war.......... crime!. WAR!................. CRIME!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mattli0n said:

@starsailor & i peeped The Magnificent Ambersons last night. jesus christ what a thing.

major.jpg.5b409c19254121ee6f70adbe19f2522c.jpg

YEAH



YEAHHHHH


Man, you should immediately follow it up with Mr. Arkadin. Or how I like to call, 'what I will eventually make myself look like':

ARKADIN_MAIN1520.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've been watching The Sopranos. Maybe the best TV show ever? I know it's not a movie but I don't know where else to put it. 

I watched Phantom Thread on 70mm because my boyfriend projected it at his theatre. I didn't care for it, but I certainly understand why a person would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, CoffinJerk said:

YEAH



YEAHHHHH


Man, you should immediately follow it up with Mr. Arkadin. Or how I like to call, 'what I will eventually make myself look like':

ARKADIN_MAIN1520.jpg

 

dude this film is batshit crazy i love it. favorite christmas movie behind Jingle All The Way (1997)

Share this post


Link to post

Here’s another alternate reality mccune (from space riders)4DB00CB6-C388-4836-8EF2-0974754BBD6F.jpeg.12bb2d23caedb920875a4e2fa23f5e5e.jpeg6674D2D2-7B5E-4ABA-B3BC-BA4E49061AA8.thumb.jpeg.4d22b773a026fed4a1124451d75f5440.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, _S_ said:

Here’s another alternate reality mccune (from space riders)4DB00CB6-C388-4836-8EF2-0974754BBD6F.jpeg.12bb2d23caedb920875a4e2fa23f5e5e.jpeg6674D2D2-7B5E-4ABA-B3BC-BA4E49061AA8.thumb.jpeg.4d22b773a026fed4a1124451d75f5440.jpeg

Damn, yeah. I love it. Ryan sent me that first image like three years ago and I wet the bed (I was lying in (inside my mind)).

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CoffinJerk said:

Damn, yeah. I love it. Ryan sent me that first image like three years ago and I wet the bed (I was lying in (inside my mind)).

that was like 8 months ago lol

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, starsailor said:

that was like 8 months ago lol

Your watch is broken. I posted it to my tumblr like 2 years ago. (No. You don't know my real tumblr and you never will)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, swampfriend said:

mind if i delete this

I thought it was better than most of the garbage that comes out these days 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post

well uh, hey

i watched Shampoo (1975) last night

tonight i’m watching The Last Detail because i have never seen it and im trying to blow through Hal Ashby’s movies

F725D001-0AF3-42F8-A122-ED4E6B77F997.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

Despite starring a young up-and-coming Harvey Keitel, a bodacious Farah Faucett, and a fun-loving, surly KIRK MUTHERFUCKIN' DOUGLAS, SATURN 3 escaped my radar. 

It is on Amazon Prime right now and I have got to say, the film is legit. But for whatever reject out there who would denounce its simple, elegant space drama narrative as "bad", it is worth a watch simply for the utterly jaw dropping production design. These are just two arbitrary screen grabs below. The film looks incredible y'all.

Plus Kirk Douglas.
 

79a27caf417a35bec92a3ae3e52.jpg

9153_5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CoffinJerk said:

Despite starring a young up-and-coming Harvey Keitel, a bodacious Farah Faucett, and a fun-loving, surly KIRK MUTHERFUCKIN' DOUGLAS, SATURN 3 escaped my radar. 

It is on Amazon Prime right now and I have got to say, the film is legit. But for whatever reject out there who would denounce its simple, elegant space drama narrative as "bad", it is worth a watch simply for the utterly jaw dropping production design. These are just two arbitrary screen grabs below. The film looks incredible y'all.

Plus Kirk Douglas.
 

79a27caf417a35bec92a3ae3e52.jpg

9153_5.jpg

it looks just like star wars

Share this post


Link to post

i went to see Mary and the Witches Flower on Monday!

it was my second viewing. they did a premiere event of the sub and the dub in january and gave out cool giant tickets, but the showing times were only an hour apart! because gkid's have been doing such a good job with the dubs lately (When Marnie Was There's dub is my preferred version!) i decided to go to the dub. it was good, but i was surprised to hear all the voice actors' strong british accents! haha

it was popular enough that they decided to do another showing, so i went to the sub this time and i think i liked it more. mary and i both have red-hair, and i definitely got emotional about it. the movie itself is more child-friendly than i expected based on the director's last couple movies, but it's still beautiful and warmed up my heart.

Share this post


Link to post

if it's so child-friendly then why's she drinking that big fat huge sweaty pabst blue ribbon tallboy???

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

if it's so child-friendly then why's she drinking that big fat huge sweaty pabst blue ribbon tallboy???

i don't get it...

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, rinv said:

i don't get it...

He means “Abandon hope all ye who enter here.”

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, rinv said:

i don't get it...

explain this, hot-shot:

you won't show this filth to MY children.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

explain this, hot-shot:

you won't show this filth to MY children.

i guess i need to Lurk More N00b..

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, let the hate flow through you

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×