flippityk

hot internets 2.0

so i saw this:

casey.PNG.f24fd19581684baa7ce5137ca1d75ef5.PNG

and i'm like ugh i hate that dumb youtube guy. and then i think: well i also hate myself, so i guess i'm going to click on this thing. it's an article about dumb youtube guy's failed startup. it is not very interesting and it includes an embedded video of that dumb youtube guy pretending to be human, so don't read it, but here it is if you really wanna.

anyway: it links to a fuckin medium post written by the startup's other founder. he of course is this guy:

hackett.PNG.a5d64b395df39be0b30c925e9fd598a9.PNG

the medium article is dumb and bad too

thankgod.PNG.856d1e6822c32853980f744b5a0f3997.PNG

ok but that doesn't matter because if you scroll down a little you see a picture of this startup's (called Beme (oh god)) office:

bemelol.PNG.0eb48c183dc8d61096846932b4a0fce1.PNG

computer. enhance.

uhoh2.PNG.b410e6a0f29362ec799c35152ee7cc46.PNG

yeah that's definitely a flat-screen monitor bolstered to a dry-erase board with some dystopian nonsense written all over it! and that monitor definitely had a video of a cheetah chasing prey looping endlessly above the cheese-shaped fools just desperate enough to work there!!!!

okbye

That guy is single-handedly the most popular youtube personality is he not?!?

Guy’s got a face for A SUBTERRANEAN LAIR WHERE PIPE ORGAN BLARES BY CANDLELIGHT!!!

this rules. y'all rule. lou bega's over here like,

"mambo love these GUYS!"

5a6b897148c7f_ScreenShot2017-11-28at2_07_54PM.png.7dae8b946b7472bc7f343f0920e97fec.png

22 hours ago, starsailor said:

dude @swampfriend take a look at casey's handwriting on his runner tag thing and compare it to the dry-erase board

look at the S's

Ryan StarBoy Inspector Detector L-Tron Litbig Litton is now your name for this acute and prodigious sleuthing via handwriting samples. 

23 hours ago, starsailor said:

caseyyy.thumb.jpg.d9017b647696eee342be6e04acceba1f.jpg

"get back here kerwin!!! you have some posting to do....."

@CoffinJerk oh my god dude isn't a cheetah's coat a form of camoflague

what's this idiot hiding from

the turd police???

Just now, CoffinJerk said:

:machoman:SICK'EM BOI!:machoman:

look i don't mean to pick on someone's god-given face . . . . . but i feel like it's ok to do if someone is an insufferable cheese-muncher.

does this guy not look like the fourth or fifth human-person on those 'evolution of man' things??

evo.jpg.444937593936157095dddcf55b915daf.jpg

i just want to know why him and logan paul and all the other youtube manchildren look like possums that went through the washing machine

I came across this and I really like it! It's do deliciously wobbly, and that face! 

Edited by Tracey

I have been looking at job listings and realizing that a lot of them are awful. Some use so many buzzwords I am not sure what they are looking for (and it also leads me to think that the people who work for those companies don't know what they're doing and, hey, I don't wanna work with a bunch of ning nongs!).

This job description stood out to me because of its use of "Thirsty Thursdays."

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.42.52 PM.png

I had heard "Thirsty Thursday" used once before, but it was in the context of someone making fun of a college jock. I didn't know people actually use it, let alone as selling point for their business. Also, notice how in addition to Thirsty Thursdays, they also do happy hours? Man, imagine being a recovering alcoholic who just wants to work at a grocery delivery company, and every day feels risky and potentially out-of-controlly. I have so many grievances!

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.43.12 PM.png

Edited by Tracey

1 hour ago, Tracey said:

I have been looking at job listings and realizing that a lot of them are awful. Some use so many buzzwords I am not sure what they are looking for (and it also leads me to think that the people who work for those companies don't know what they're doing and, hey, I don't wanna work with a bunch of ning nongs!).

This job description stood out to me because of its use of "Thirsty Thursdays."

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.42.52 PM.png

I had heard "Thirsty Thursday" used once before, but it was in the context of someone making fun of a college jock. I didn't know people actually use it, let alone as selling point for their business. Also, notice how in addition to Thirsty Thursdays, they also do happy hours? Man, imagine being a recovering alcoholic who just wants to work at a grocery delivery company, and every day feels risky and potentially out-of-controlly. I have so many grievances!

i really enjoyed this post

also, also bad: #workperks. you and i both know there’s no functional reason for that hashtag to be there. the real reason is too awful to explain. 

wow. the thing that really gets this about me is the fact that, yes, rocks are old. idk why but it bugs me that thats their only copy in this ad, as if all slate isn't probably around that old.

but anyway yeah set it over there by my cookie plate and hot chocolate, papa's watching dinosaur movies to-night.

1 hour ago, alaynoboost said:

5a7338d7a16c5_ScreenShot2018-02-01at7_54_25AM.thumb.png.bb84596b88ed3d46462cb262a10c4d88.png

what are we, any of us, if not 'animals with cameras' . . . . . . . . . but we're certainly not 'happy'. . . . :tombstone: