Hali

hamdoggers and hotcats (THE FAST FOOD THREAD)

1 hour ago, soaplitz said:

kerwin are you saying you taste THE meat immediately when you bite into a fast-food popular sandwich 

i'm not sure what you're asking here or why "THE" is capitalized, so i'm gonna say my answer is............................ ya

4 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

whoa i had no idea burger king had a veggie burg even though apparently they've had it since 2002

not sure if you are serious about wanting to know my opinion on those other ones, but: i think five guys is a step above everything mentioned so far, in-n-out is nice and honest, whataburger i've only been to once but i was like "whatathe big deal," though i DID like their spicy ketchup, and @mattli0n was nice enough to get me a bottle of it when he was in texas. steak n shake is pretty good but has the worst fries out of anybody

but here's the real Burger Truth: the best burgers come from dive bars, and burgers hit diminishing returns very quickly. at its core it's a pretty stupid food item, so the more you try to fancy it up, the more you're wasting your time

how tragic that the hot dog thread has become about hamburgers, the sworn enemy of hot dogs

it’s raining hamdoggers and hotcats in this thread

Just now, starsailor said:

it’s raining hamdoggers and hotcats in this thread

is this a fucking hotcat or hamdog

oh no...! we're creating a self-referential thread vortex. everybody hold on to your cross-references

oldman.thumb.jpg.1c2991818db17d90b4dbff5a7cbb9f42.jpg

i know you're all going to think "oh ok OLD MAN" but i just wanted to chime in and say that i tried burger king's veggie burger when they first introduced it!!!! my grandmother bought it for me in lexington, virginia. it was pretty good!

i also like in-n-out's secret menu GRILLED CHEESE (animal style). hain't no veggie patty but it's pretty dang good, and for this old man, "pretty dang good" is pretty dang dandy with me :flowerbuddy:

1 minute ago, starsailor said:

oldman.thumb.jpg.1c2991818db17d90b4dbff5a7cbb9f42.jpg

i know you're all going to think "oh ok OLD MAN" but i just wanted to chime in and say that i tried burger king's veggie burger when they first introduced it!!!! my grandmother bought it for me in lexington, virginia. it was pretty good!

i also like in-n-out's secret menu GRILLED CHEESE (animal style). hain't no veggie patty but it's pretty dang good, and for this old man, "pretty dang good" is pretty dang dandy with me :flowerbuddy:

splendorr! quick! photoshop some veggie burgers into some dream bubbles to the right of this old man's head!!!

@swampfriend -- your 'pinions on burgers are *chef's kiss hands emoji*

I think I like Shake Shack (it is hard to say because their brugers are so tiny and I feel like I need to eat a certain amount of burgre before I can assess its goodness). Their fries are excellent (crinkle cut! <333). Five Guys is very good, although it is sometimes so greasy that I feel a tad unwell afterwards. I also like In-N-Out for its honesty. 

in-n-out is super cheap and i honestly don't care if they don't have a veggie patty b'cuz i like a grilled cheese animal style with All The Fixins' :hmph:

i love crinkle cut. two weeks ago, i treated myself to cheese fries and a can of red wine at the shake shack in penn station

smokehouse had such a good veggie burgererre. it was huge! thank's @starsailor :kirbysnacks:

2 hours ago, Tracey said:

@swampfriend -- your 'pinions on burgers are *chef's kiss hands emoji*

I think I like Shake Shack (it is hard to say because their brugers are so tiny and I feel like I need to eat a certain amount of burgre before I can assess its goodness). Their fries are excellent (crinkle cut! <333). Five Guys is very good, although it is sometimes so greasy that I feel a tad unwell afterwards. I also like In-N-Out for its honesty. 

lol yeah i have definitely felt very sick after every single trip to five guys

oh yeah i forgot to mention...... white castle got those crinkle cuts  :kirbysnacks:

they have various other weird sides as well, like chicken rings (??) and clam strips (!!!!) and if you think i'm the type of person who wouldn't eat fried clam from a white castle, i got one word for you: lol

6 hours ago, soaplitz said:

@Tracey thinkin’ about you here at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 🌚

3C8998FE-1A4C-4A3D-9DFA-616C1A86F937.jpeg

I used to allow myself to eat whatever I wanted if I was at an airport. This rule worked very well because I was so rarely at airports. Then Skip and I went long-distance, and all of a sudden I was at airports very often, and I was like "Man I don't think I can eat Burger King twice in month week," so I scrapped that rule. I really want to try Chik-fil-a, but I heard their owner is a massive homophobe or something? I do not want to support hate burgers.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, soaplitz said:

yeah but it’s like a deep-fried morningstar option lol

yeeaahhhh it's not great but... it's not meat

On 4/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, swampfriend said:

not sure if you are serious about wanting to know my opinion on those other ones, but: i think five guys is a step above everything mentioned so far

'course i'm serious!

the last meat i ever ate was a five guys burger. i threw up afterwards and decided that beef patties were no longer a suitable vehicle for my Burger Experience. there's so much grease! but i do like their milkshakes

On 4/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, starsailor said:

i have been convinced to return to las vegas for Evo this year, and i am looking forward to eating animal style grilled cheeses for every single meal.  :kirbysnacks:

44 minutes ago, rinv said:

'course i'm serious!

the last meat i ever ate was a five guys burger. i threw up afterwards and decided that beef patties were no longer a suitable vehicle for my Burger Experience. there's so much grease! but i do like their milkshakes

i have been convinced to return to las vegas for Evo this year, and i am looking forward to eating animal style grilled cheeses for every single meal.  :kirbysnacks:

isn’t that kirby sprite so nice and pleasant

kirbysnacks@2x.thumb.png.92126462716f1e37cba40312aef8bb54.png

tfw u ate too many cheese animals

(sorry i love the little drawing and i did a bad to it)

1 hour ago, rinv said:

nice!

you could also stop by the las vegas white castle, the farthest west white castle in america, and check out their veggie sliders :peppy:

man i had fun both times i went to evo

23 hours ago, rinv said:

'course i'm serious!

the veggie sandwich at five guys is really really good!! it's just a bunch of grilled veggies on a freakin' bun! cheese and sauce too but only if ya want it!!

1 hour ago, soaplitz said:

the veggie sandwich at five guys is really really good!! it's just a bunch of grilled veggies on a freakin' bun! cheese and sauce too but only if ya want it!!

i thought the five guys veggie sandwich was just you can get the burger toppings without the patty and they grill it on the same flat top as everything else

kerwintrarian strikes again!!!!!!!

kerwintrarian.png.048890ce04063d7e098668734649809d.png

LOL exTREMEly good image kerwi my boy!!!!

"i used to think of myself as kerwinservative but i'm definitely more of a kerwintrarian now"

1 hour ago, swampfriend said:

i thought the five guys veggie sandwich was just you can get the burger toppings without the patty and they grill it on the same flat top as everything else

kerwintrarian strikes again!!!!!!!

kerwintrarian.png.048890ce04063d7e098668734649809d.png

DA9C09EC-5B29-47F0-8384-1565CC8C91A7.jpeg

https://www.fastcompany.com/40558752/shake-shack-is-trying-out-a-new-veggie-burger?partner=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss 

"The proposed patty is made of black beans, rice, and beets–and will be topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, onions, pickles, and “vegan mustard mayo.” If you take away the cheese, it will be a bonafide vegan dish–something the shroom burger could never offer."

Well hey, more options!

11 minutes ago, Tracey said:

https://www.fastcompany.com/40558752/shake-shack-is-trying-out-a-new-veggie-burger?partner=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss 

"The proposed patty is made of black beans, rice, and beets–and will be topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, onions, pickles, and “vegan mustard mayo.” If you take away the cheese, it will be a bonafide vegan dish–something the shroom burger could never offer."

Well hey, more options!

GettyImages-521989614-RVdPD1XC83FQLQMLfDkWjyN-680x383@CmgSharedContent_com.jpg.4f80cb0e6a2807347bb2cd03f3fa2de6.jpg

@Tracey please pull over to the side of donut secret house. let's refocus this thread back to the almighty hot dog.

if @Hali wants to change the title of this thread to "fast food" then, by all means . . . . .

don't hate me, man. i don't make the hamburger laws . . . . . . . i just enforce them :scientist:

p.s. i ate at shake shack one time and it cost $16 for like a burger and fries. also i very much dislike the shake shack vs. in-n-out argument that people bring up all the time (not you!). in-n-out is completely different. it is a genuine california institution and not some bro's daddy-money experiment, which is what shake shack is. as the late great tim rogers once said: thinking in-n-out is better than shake shack is like a shoe getting mad at a sock for not being waterproof. the beautiful part is that EVERYONE CAN WIN because, hey, we got both!!! that being said: that veggie burger does look good. i will never eat it, however, because i refuse to take out a loan from my credit union just to eat a vegetable-compacted puck-shaped patty!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Tracey said:

:ocho:

honestly i just get my rocks off posting pictures of police lights and asking people to pull over. what can i say...........i'm addicted to power.. :rockin:

8 minutes ago, starsailor said:

GettyImages-521989614-RVdPD1XC83FQLQMLfDkWjyN-680x383@CmgSharedContent_com.jpg.4f80cb0e6a2807347bb2cd03f3fa2de6.jpg

@Tracey please pull over to the side of donut secret house. let's refocus this thread back to the almighty hot dog.

if @Hali wants to change the title of this thread to "fast food" then, by all means . . . . .

don't hate me, man. i don't make the hamburger laws . . . . . . . i just enforce them :scientist:

p.s. i ate at shake shack one time and it cost $16 for like a burger and fries. also i very much dislike the shake shack vs. in-n-out argument that people bring up all the time (not you!). in-n-out is completely different. it is a genuine california institution and not some bro's daddy-money experiment, which is what shake shack is. as the late great tim rogers once said: thinking in-n-out is better than shake shack is like a shoe getting mad at a sock for not being waterproof. the beautiful part is that EVERYONE CAN WIN because, hey, we got both!!! that being said: that veggie burger does look good. i will never eat it, however, because i refuse to take out a loan from my credit union just to eat a vegetable-compacted puck-shaped patty!!!!!!!

please pull your cop car over to the side of the road!! we're in here talking about BURGERS, not about how much burgers cost and whose daddy paid for the building

i've never had shake shack but i've had trueburger in oakland which i understand is supposed to be like a shake shack ripoff, with the mushroom patties and everything. i got the one that has the meat patty AND the mushroom patty. looks like the true burger.... was me (??)

i can get us back on the hot dog track with this fast food segue: did you guys know they have hot dogs at burger king now

Just now, swampfriend said:

please pull your cop car over to the side of the road!! we're in here talking about BURGERS, not about how much burgers cost and whose daddy paid for the building

i've never had shake shack but i've had trueburger in oakland which i understand is supposed to be like a shake shack ripoff, with the mushroom patties and everything. i got the one that has the meat patty AND the mushroom patty. looks like the true burger.... was me (??)

i can get us back on the hot dog track with this fast food segue: did you guys know they have hot dogs at burger king now

kerwin you're gonna have to pursue me o.j. simpson style cuz you ain't never gettin a leash on this badged junkyard dog!!!!!

y'all ever had smokehouse in berkeley? they got a good veggie burger (oh no he's talking about burgers!!!!!!!!!). also they give you like literally a pound of fries. it's $8 or so for the whole deal

*dims the lights*

*turns chair around in a 'let's rap' fashion*

guys. i'm going to use this opportunity to talk about another kind of b[e]rgers.......

d273c83b00f19335b6b39c39b5529209.jpg.1d0734a0aace714c4f6f0fa490051aaf.jpg