Hali

hamdoggers and hotcats (THE FAST FOOD THREAD)

Does White Castle taste like McDonalds or Burger King or Wendy's?

13 hours ago, Tracey said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. wendy's.

2 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

yeah i haven't eaten meat in like 12-13 years but it's definitely closer to wendy's than the other two

13 hours ago, Tracey said:

i’d say burger king

5 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

because wendy’s seems somewhat (just a little bit) of the “nicer” chains

white castle is even lower than Checker’s

4 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

i’d say burger king

i have a distinct childhood memory of bearing witness to a truly horrifying wendy's condiment station in downtown manassas, virginia in 2001 A.D., and how it shook my faith in god

there was chili everywhere . . . chili like you wouldn't believe. ketchup and mustard all over the god damn walls. it was world war 1 as heck, dude

this memory causes me to question which tier of the fast food ziggurat wendy's truly belongs on, and if your appraisal is accurate

i'm willing to admit this was an isolated incident, and maybe they've since cleaned up their act. i can't say. this was the last time i ever stepped foot in one of those godforsaken franchises

4 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

i’d say burger king

hey MAN the question was about the taste, not how much it seems like they are nice. wendy's and white castle burgers share a focus on the taste of the meat patty. mcdonald's burgs are about the toppings and cheese and mac sauce or whatever. burger king patties don't taste like any of them because they put some chemical on there to make them taste "flame-broiled" like they're straight off a grill. wendy's and white castle, the square patty buddies, when you bite into their burgos, you taste the patty first and foremost.

dr. burger has spoken.

8 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

hey MAN the question was about the taste, not how much it seems like they are nice. wendy's and white castle burgers share a focus on the taste of the meat patty. mcdonald's burgs are about the toppings and cheese and mac sauce or whatever. burger king patties don't taste like any of them because they put some chemical on there to make them taste "flame-broiled" like they're straight off a grill. wendy's and white castle, the square patty buddies, when you bite into their burgos, you taste the patty first and foremost.

dr. burger has spoken.

wow kerwin.......somebody must have dunked you in a vat of flame-broiled flavor chemicals because you truly are the BURGER KING 😍😍😍

also p.s. i originally typo'd that as BURGER KID and i have to say that i love that a lot: kerwin the burger kid :moon:

4 minutes ago, splendorr said:

burgerkid-kerwin.thumb.jpg.aba819d73db95eca8ddb4ffef1a156c2.jpg

dude what if instead of billy the kid, kerwin was a fast-food-facts-slinging cowboy named BURGER THE KID

1 hour ago, swampfriend said:

dr. burger has spoken.

kerwin are you saying you taste THE meat immediately when you bite into a fast-food popular sandwich 

18 minutes ago, splendorr said:

burgerkid-kerwin.thumb.jpg.aba819d73db95eca8ddb4ffef1a156c2.jpg

Police_car_with_emergency_lights_on.jpg.1bac69d5e497d0370e2a42fb6f53a9dc.jpg

whoa whoa whoa back the truck up

sir please pull over to the side of the road

*checks wallet-sized comic sans chart*

ComicSans.gif.7b249b71539fd25268b1804156ea1898.gif

splendorr did you use a fucking comic sans knockoff font??? letters g, k, w, u are obviously way off, and that's just from a two-second spot check

paging sgt. @swampfriend . . . come in, over. we got f*ckin FRAUd in our midst!!!

in my humble opinion the only acceptable nation-wide bottom-tier burger-centric fast-food chain is burger king because they have a veggie burg option

curious what the BURGER KING's preferences are with the mid-tier burger chains: five guys, in-n-out, whataburger, etc

2 minutes ago, starsailor said:

Police_car_with_emergency_lights_on.jpg.1bac69d5e497d0370e2a42fb6f53a9dc.jpg

whoa whoa whoa back the truck up

sir please pull over to the side of the road

*checks wallet-sized comic sans chart*

ComicSans.gif.7b249b71539fd25268b1804156ea1898.gif

splendorr did you use a fucking comic sans knockoff font??? letters g, k, w, u are obviously way off, and that's just from a two-second spot check

paging sgt. @swampfriend . . . come in, over. we got f*ckin FRAUd in our midst!!!

man the guy that sold it to me said it was "a purely comical sans"!!! the sticker on it said, "chalkboard," but like, that's not a font! if, if it's not legit, i... man it's not my fault!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, starsailor said:

please don't slammer me, officers

1 minute ago, splendorr said:

please don't slammer me, officers

dude you're an admin, so you have diplomatic immunity in the land of donut secret house. but that doesn't mean i haven't lost respect for you :hmph:

1 minute ago, starsailor said:

dude you're an admin, so you have diplomatic immunity in the land of donut secret house. but that doesn't mean i haven't lost respect for you :hmph:

your disappointment is a thicker bar than any jail :tombstone:

1 minute ago, splendorr said:

your disappointment is a thicker bar than any jail :tombstone:

i am having so much fun on this secret internet forum i share with my friends

2 minutes ago, starsailor said:

i am having so much fun on this secret internet forum i share with my friends

sad-clown-splendorr.jpg.8ba2d38e99fc949d30a3b83a2347c351.jpg

me, too

Just now, splendorr said:

sad-clown-splendorr.jpg.8ba2d38e99fc949d30a3b83a2347c351.jpg

me, too

5ac7cec932901_9190511583_bbac3ac5e6_b(1).thumb.jpg.704002f3ed68fed14f86f3b551e7bd70.jpg

aw splendorr. get in, dude. we're going to mcdonald's, and guess what.....that mcflurry is on me :flowerbuddy:

38 minutes ago, starsailor said:

aw splendorr. get in, dude. we're going to mcdonald's, and guess what.....that mcflurry is on me :flowerbuddy:

prayer hands emoji. sunbeams on my painted face emoji. food-coloring-dyed tears of pure gratitude emoji.

1 hour ago, rinv said:

they have a veggie burg option

yeah but it’s like a deep-fried morningstar option lol

man i sure do love being on this thing day in and day out. hangin’ with good budz :wiggler:

not to be confused with these HOT NUGZ342ABEEE-29A1-4EFB-9A3F-30C59D84CACB.jpeg.18e8135cb17d99a69b0531c9be80f3a9.jpeg

or THESE sick nugz *crying laughing emoji*

1BF93153-2D0A-4BBB-B3EE-F4E32016B593.jpeg.63968e2fe545f332ddc78635b4a849bb.jpeg

1 hour ago, rinv said:

in my humble opinion the only acceptable nation-wide bottom-tier burger-centric fast-food chain is burger king because they have a veggie burg option

curious what the BURGER KING's preferences are with the mid-tier burger chains: five guys, in-n-out, whataburger, etc

whoa i had no idea burger king had a veggie burg even though apparently they've had it since 2002

not sure if you are serious about wanting to know my opinion on those other ones, but: i think five guys is a step above everything mentioned so far, in-n-out is nice and honest, whataburger i've only been to once but i was like "whatathe big deal," though i DID like their spicy ketchup, and @mattli0n was nice enough to get me a bottle of it when he was in texas. steak n shake is pretty good but has the worst fries out of anybody

but here's the real Burger Truth: the best burgers come from dive bars, and burgers hit diminishing returns very quickly. at its core it's a pretty stupid food item, so the more you try to fancy it up, the more you're wasting your time

how tragic that the hot dog thread has become about hamburgers, the sworn enemy of hot dogs

1 hour ago, starsailor said:

lmao of all the things to use some shitty bootleg version of