tombo

garbage i saw

Posted (edited)

wow. well i found this photo of my locker that i took in my sophomore year of high-school. and a lot of the stuff in there is, in fact, literal garbage.

i dropped out the following year and graduated when i was 16 lol.

IMG_1159.JPG

Edited by soaplitz
ehhhh

Posted (edited)

20130104_111304.thumb.jpg.d4779130cd0f3fa8a57bd227cf4cc7b0.jpg

Selling more on the Internet
Persuability or the art of turning users into clients

Edited by tombo
3rd Edition

10 hours ago, tombo said:

TD022743.jpg.7ff4d37deb4675bb68f22861667c12b2.jpg

it looks like a 5-year-old exploded into their component parts

there were no pots to accompany this mixed box of pot-lids. 

who needs pots without the lids

who needs lids without the pots

5A5104E9-9F09-4C14-A2F2-33B8EBEC2962.jpeg

i can’t see @tombo‘s image!! did something weird happen server-wise, @starsailor? is it just me on firefox and chrome and ios safari?

well, here’s one maybe

3DAEDDB9-0151-4997-8DA5-DA7CF74FF534.png

ah yeah i gotta fix some stuff when i get home. i did a massive upgrade to the board last night and i guess it swallowed up some of the images posted in the last 24-48 hours

@tombo kindly upload your beautiful trash again

8 hours ago, starsailor said:

ah yeah i gotta fix some stuff when i get home. i did a massive upgrade to the board last night and i guess it swallowed up some of the images posted in the last 24-48 hours

@tombo kindly upload your beautiful trash again

its kewl

*peeks out from tiny door at the end of a corridor* 

hey guys i can see images fine again in every thread i think

Posted (edited)

don't we all!

but seriously it's a pretty clean city, it's just that all garbage is organised around these containers that you see in many of my pictures. so it's very localised, and it's only there for a short span of time; most of it is thrown out around 9PM and the garbage people (another subject i'd love to take pictures of if i had more balls (they wear these toxic neon green uniforms, and -i guess to maintain their individuality- they always have cool haircuts or earrings or something distinctive) swoop it away around midnight.

specially since the financial crisis, a small economy has developed around the recollection and resale of scrap metal and other materials found in the garbage. certain people regularly patrol the streets wielding shopping carts, picking from or jumping into these containers -a couple times i have gone to throw something in only to find there was a person inside!

reusing and repurposing stuff is part of the culture as well as an aesthetic trend, so it's not uncommon for people to take stuff from the garbage -specially furniture- or leave it out there for people to take instead of putting it in the container. if you see something you like, you better grab it, it's unlikely to stay there long.

that's as much context as i can give, but there's undoubtedly still much mystery to the garbage around here, that's why i love it

Edited by tombo

update: i have been traveling around Myanmar and Thailand for about six weeks, and sure, there's garbage all over the place, but it doesn't appear in the specific arrangements that it does in Barcelona. i have taken a lot of pictures of many different things -in Myanmar, for example, there are plenty of colorful plastic chairs of various shapes and sizes- but no garbage has caught my eye. hmmm