_S_

Original Content

45 minutes ago, starsailor said:

5aa1b9c587699_2013-08-1910_51.55_preview.thumb.png.65b3fe854a0d010abd797add44265ddc.png

5aa1b9d0eeed5_2013-08-1822_55.29_preview.thumb.png.f1e768985a77236a7c2769c9b56fbb7e.png

5aa1b9cdc4f30_2013-08-1822_57.18_preview.thumb.png.416075f70e58ea9296bc603610488af1.png

5aa1b9cae4f28_2013-08-1823_00.06_preview.thumb.png.d1b833447c3db18c63da00ed6b968133.png

ancient and eternal content

holy lord for the love of the filth of this hideous world I REMEMBER!?!?!?!?!?!

This isn’t a thing I did. But my high school/college ex, who is now my friend, recently found this drawing he did of the second and worst place I lived in when I lived in DC. The year was 2014. It was a room in a basement apartment with red walls and no windows. Slugs lived in the kitchen cupboards— I’d find their tracks on pots and pans when making breakfast. This was also the first time I saw a cricket in real life. I’d expected them to be small and green and cute, not mottled bulgy-thighed alien monsters. I subsisted on a combination of oats, chia seeds, and almond milk, which I would drink from wide-mouth mason jars while my classmates eyed me with distaste. I am pretty uncomfortable with my life now, but I was actively unhappy then. It’s jarring but good to remember a worse time and to understand that I’m in a better place. anyway, this drawing very much captured the overall feel of the place. 

3C363768-133F-46C2-B663-48542FE0C0AE.jpeg

On 3/16/2018 at 4:13 PM, splendorr said:

i didn’t know where else to put this

i guess this thread has a pretty misleading title huh

2 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

i blame myself,

18 hours ago, swampfriend said:

The title of this thread made where I put it apt. My frustration was, even still, not knowing where to put it despite knowing I could put it in the THINGS thread.

Take your smarm and spread it over your damn toast you mutha. Scrape it like butter over too much bread ok.

5 hours ago, CoffinJerk said:

The title of this thread made where I put it apt. My frustration was, even still, not knowing where to put it despite knowing I could put it in the THINGS thread.

Take your smarm and spread it over your damn toast you mutha. Scrape it like butter over too much bread ok.

weird...... thought i was replying to splendorr

31 minutes ago, swampfriend said:

weird...... thought i was replying to splendorr

WHOOOOOPS! you did. I think I wrote that same sentence in the "news" thread and just thought it was the classic (and beautiful) Kerwin Smarm.

My bad brother-child

On 1/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, _S_ said:

just post it

OC only

this is just a collage of some art and an album cover does that even count as OC

5a711a0f55888_rosesdeath.thumb.jpg.596503a242b6e505bef4ad845c2dc5ef.jpg

On 3/16/2018 at 4:13 PM, splendorr said:

i didn’t know where else to put this

44146D41-E3BE-4EF0-8642-EA001C694ED8.jpeg

F0A124C2-FF90-4494-AF3C-F9FE0FC00E56.jpeg

1 hour ago, soaplitz said:

5ab275a84719e_ScreenShot2018-03-21at11_06_03AM.png.3d7b0ce3208cf36297e5b02bfb6bba40.png

ok y'all realize this isn't the "random stuff you found on the internet repository" but rather a thread where you post Original Content right??? sennett said so in the very first post!!!

sorry to sound like a hall monitor but i don't know what this thread is anymore!!!!!

@starsailor

well where would you like me to put a screenshot of the wikipedia entry where it says Tennessee Williams’ family didn’t respect his burial wishes lol

8 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

@starsailor

well where would you like me to put a screenshot of the wikipedia entry where it says Tennessee Williams’ family didn’t respect his burial wishes lol

start a last will and testament / suicide letters / obituaries thread

that'd be cool actually i think

whomst on this utopia can teach me how to use photoshop :hmph:  i got ideas for stuff 

i was also given Final Cut Pro X for freakin’ free on my big-ass desktop computer and i ain’t got a clue how to use it. i refuse consult youtube lol

9 minutes ago, soaplitz said:

whomst on this utopia can teach me how to use photoshop :hmph:  i got ideas for stuff 

i was also given Final Cut Pro X for freakin’ free on my big-ass desktop computer and i ain’t got a clue how to use it. i refuse consult youtube lol

when i go to hell it will simply be an endless playlist of youtube tutorials for anything

20 hours ago, swampfriend said:

when i go to hell it will simply be an endless playlist of youtube tutorials for anything

in my hell it would be an endless playlist of WatchMojo videos

this is only tangential to video tutorials but i've had several community college courses that required me to have a Lynda.com subscription and all of my homework was watching and repeating what i saw in the videos, and then turning the files into a teacher who graded everything 100% no matter what and called it a day. i can't imagine an easier, more hands-off teaching career and i would be mad if my work wasn't paying for my school

at least i learned some good photoshop hotkeys

On 3/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, swampfriend said:

*doesn't have the heart to tell kerwin that he's already in hell*

hah yeah

the weather is nice and i played the piano a little bit, even though i don't do that very often anymore.

and i remembered this little album that i improvised with my friend alex over a decade ago. we spent a week together, rescued some wild dogs, and made up songs together. he played the low notes and i played the high notes. i'm very proud of this little piece of music!

https://marysgoodside.bandcamp.com/

i also took this picture in an apple orchard. that was an unusually-kind summer.

marys goodside.jpg

Posted (edited)

how i wish i could still play anything! i took up violin for 3 years but that was a long time ago and haven’t really played since. 

i really gotta learn how to play this guitar that’s sitting in my living room.

also.. . . when i get back to brooklyn im going to mess around with photoshop (finaly) ((jeez))

Edited by soaplitz

22 hours ago, soaplitz said:

also.. . . when i get back to brooklyn im going to mess around with photoshop (finaly) ((jeez))

bracing for memes. just do the dumbest shit you can think of to get started! that's my policy in any medium

2 hours ago, splendorr said:

bracing for memes. just do the dumbest shit you can think of to get started! that's my policy in any medium

well someone freakin gave me photoshop and final cut pro x 

so i have to mess around with it someday!! i want to do all kinds of dross lol

yeah ok after two hours of suffering and running in circles i've decided i need a crash course in photoshop